Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Arizona 2011

It all feels so "Eat, Pray, Love" which is weird because I really hated that book/movie when I first read the book and again when I tried to watch the movie. The reason why I thought the book was so annoying was because I really didn't like the main character, Liz. I felt like she was really selfish!

But, one thing I learned recently (interestingly, I heard this on the radio during a segment with the psychic, Miss Bonnie. LOL) is that when you're unhappy, you have to be a little self-ish. Not selfish, but just self-ish. But it's true. There are times when you just really have to focus on yourself. It's not being selfish, it's being self-ish. There is a difference.

So anyways, I've been doing lots of road trips which has been great, but I really wanted to do something more for myself. Something that involved flying. Soooo I'm going to visit one of my best friends (Christine) in Flagstaff, Arizona! It's going to be a short visit, but I'm really looking forward to just getting away for a little bit.

The one thing I'm worried about is this:


(The California girl in me shudders at the thought of anything colder than 60 degrees! But this won't be a repeat of my Europe trip, I'll for sure pack weather appropriate clothing.)

P.S. As I was looking up the weather forecast, Christine texted me and told me to bring an "h2o proof" jacket. We have the same thoughts at the same time... true friends. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...