Friday, April 15, 2011

Day 6 part 2

(Writing from HOME SWEET HOME)

After our walking tour, we had a lunch cruise where we were able to try traditional Czech food. We started our meal off with a shot of something (I think it's called Becherovka?). It's supposed to help you digest your food. Our tour guide said that her grandmother takes a shot of this every morning for good health. She says her grandma is often smiling because it contains almost 40% alcohol.





We also got 4 free drinks on this cruise, so I decided to take this opportunity to try a Czech beer. They say that in Czech, beer is cheaper than water. I'm not a fan of beer or any carbonated drinks so I didn't drink much of it. Oh well, it was free!



From there, we were free to do our own thing. I first went to the Palladium Mall (right next to our hotel) where I HAD to buy warmer clothing. It was rainy and windy. It was about 34 degrees, but felt like 31 degrees according to weather.com. So I bought a long sleeve t-shirt from H&M and a thick black scarf.

I walked over to the hotel to empty out my purse a bit (I inadvertently collect sooo much stuff throughout the day... receipts, fliers, maps, brochures, change etc) and change into my new warmer clothes.

I then walked over to find the John Lennon Wall. I wanted to be sure to get pics of the wall so that I could show my brother. It was really hard to find and I almost turned back to the hotel a couple times because it was soooooo windy and cold! My umbrella kept flipping inside out. I eventually found the wall and took a ton of pictures!





After viewing the wall, I began the walk back to my hotel. It was cold, but I took the long way back. I wandered around the old part of the town and then the new part of the town. I wanted to remember everything about this beautiful city. I wanted to remember the way the cobblestone paths felt underneath my worn out flats. I wanted to remember how windy and cold it was (I've only been this cold like two other times in my life). I wanted to remember the delicious smells coming from the spring market in Old Town Square.

I decided to go through a little museum. I think it was called the Torture Museum. They had a bunch of information on ways people were tortured in medieval times. The museum was dimly lit and they had a soundtrack of spooky sounds playing throughout the room. It was totally spooky. I'm not sure why I came here by myself! Luckily, there was a couple going through the museum at the same pace as I was. I just stuck close to them, being careful not to enter a new room until they did first!




We were on our own for dinner. I just grabbed a orange-apple juice to tie me over until I could decide on a real dinner. I went to my hotel to get a break from the cold. I ended up getting too cozy and ended my day there, without dinner.

Other people on the tour. including my roomie,went on a Pub Crawl where they went to like 3 bars and 1 night club. The pub crawl included lots of free drinks and entry into the club, but I felt like it would be a waste for me. Many of my tour mates came home early in the morning... around 4 or 5!

It was kind of a lonely afternoon for me, so I updated my blog, skyped with JR, and spent some time on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...