I started today off with breakfast at the hotel. The eggs here and in berlin are runny.
It was 39 degrees outside, and I didn't pack for cold weather. I had to put on everything warm that I had, even if it looked funny. So I wore black socks with my flats. I also wore green pants with a green jacket.
Then, at 9:00 we met in the lobby and walked over to our bus. We drove down to the castle. We had a local tour guide join us on the bus and give us information about the history of Prague.
Here are some pictures from the castle.
The Italian president (?) was in Prague today, so there were Italian flags everywhere.
We walked around to the side of the castle and we were able to see this great view of the city.
We continued on our tour, to the Charles Bridge. There is a statue of St John of Nepomuk where you can touch a certain spot and make 3 wishes. The Czechs are very supersticious! Most Czechs are not religious because they were ruled by communist for several decades. During this time, they were not allowed to practice religions.
OK, I'm going to stop here and continue updating tomorrow. I'm tired!
No comments:
Post a Comment