Friday, December 19, 2025

France - Day 3



We took a two hour train ride from Paris to Strasbourg, France. Strasbourg is in the Alsace region sitting near the border for France and Germany uniquely blending the two cultures. We spent three nights in this city which was the perfect amount of time to explore the many different Christmas markets. When we arrived we  started at the Quai des Délices (Dock of Delights) which was the gourmet market with the best regional wines and traditional food. It was the perfect first stop because we were hungry!


I started with a glass of Riesling wine from Cave du Roi Dagobert. I heard the Riesling wine in this region could be a lot dryer than expected (for me, a good thing) so I very much enjoyed this glass. I jumped right in with the most traditional food - tarte flambee  which is a round flatbread that features a crisp, thin crust, crème fraîche, caramelized onion, ham, and Gruyère cheese. So good!





From there, we walked the markets surrounding the cathedral. Seeing the carousel in front of the cathedral made me feel so happy and thankful to be experiencing Christmas in a place this magical. It’s said that the Alsace region inspired Disney’s fairytale village in Beauty and the Beast. Imagine the magic of Christmas time at Disney times a hundred. 


We walked back to the hotel (which is about a mile). Still jet lagged, I fell asleep very early. 


We woke up a few hours later around 10:30 pm very hungry. We went down to the hotel bar to see if they had anything to eat but the kitchen was closed. The bartender offered to make us “nachos” which was not really good but better than nothing. We closed out and went back to our room to call it a night. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...