Friday, December 19, 2025

France - Day 4



We woke up and walked back to the city center to grab breakfast. I heard about a bakery called L’Atelier 116 on Instagram and wanted to check it out. There were so many options but I ended up ordering a croque monsieur. While ordering, I realized I probably should have spent a little bit of time learning basic French phrases. Whoops! 



After breakfast, we parted ways so I could do some shopping. For me, the highlight was shopping at the French pharmacy. Again, thanks to Instragram, I had a list of recommendations and things to buy while in France:


  • Nuxe body oil
  • Bioderma micellar water
  • Avene cicalfate cream
  • Caudalie products
  • Marvis toothpaste (it’s not French, but kept showing up as a recommendation on IG)



I also went to Galeries Lafayette, a large department store. Originally I was looking for a purse worn by Belly in The Summer I Turned Pretty. I think I found it, or at least something very similar, but I ended up picking out a different purse.


We met back up at the hotel and got ready for dinner and more Christmas markets. This time, we walked around the market  “At the Foot of the Grand Sapien”  near Place Kléber.


From there, we walked around looking for a place to have dinner. We settled on an Italian restaurant tucked away on one of the side streets. I had pasta and it was amazing. This time, the language barrier worked in my favor because I thought I ordered a glass of wine but I ended up with a lot more than a glass. 


After dinner, we went to check out a couple more small markets. First was the “Off Christmas Market” which I really enjoyed. It was very artsy with a focus on sustainability and social responsibility. The shops sold second hand and vintage items which was fun. Then we walked through the Advent Village which was already closing when we got there, but it seemed to be geared towards kids or families. 


At that point it was getting late so we walked back to the hotel. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...