After I got my baggage, I had to figure out how to get to my hotel. It was about 1:30pm and the trip should have taken about 40 minutes. One option was to take a taxi. I decided not to waste like 40 euro on that so I took the bus/train/subway thing. Ok, let me just say that I suck with public transportation. Even in america. Even in Santa Barbara where there is only one bus system.
I finally found my hotel after 2.5 hours! Hahaha. When I walked into my hotel room, my roommate was there. I was on the verge of tears. It had been a crazy, long, tiring day.
I met with the tour group for an orientation that lasted about 2 hours (a little too long considering most of us had been traveling all day!). But we did get a lot of information on our trip and what to expect over the next few days.
After the meeting, I showered really fast and then we went on our bus to dinner in the city. Dinner was... okay. One thing I didn't realize was how cold it gets in the evening! I was freezing!
After dinner, I went back to the hotel where I chatted for a few minutes on skype, updated my blog, then quickly fell asleep.
How is your roommate?
ReplyDeleteShe's no you Sarah! <3
ReplyDeleteBut she's nice. I like her. She's a geologist, unemployed right now, but just recently decided to join the peace corp or americorp or something like that. She's going to teach science to kids in africa. Pretty interesting!
oo thats interesting!
ReplyDelete