Ok this has been the longest day of my life... I've been awake since Friday 7 am pst. I was only able to sleep about 2 hours on the plane even though i took Tylenol PM!
So my flight to Amsterdam was about 9 hours... not bad. I watched Eat Pray Love, except I turned it off before it finished because it was boring. I watched HIMYM and Friends. I was happy because the guy I was seated next to was quiet. I don't think he spoke english. And I was happy that he wasn't one of those people that are all up in your personal space! They came by with food or snacks like every hour.
But... while we starting to land into the Amsterdam, the guy sitting next to me threw up! EWWWWWW!!!!
So, I got to Amsterdam and was totally lost. It was kinda scary not knowing where to go. Do I need to go through passport control? Security again? Do I have time to shop? Where is my gate? Am I going the right way? Am I on the right floor? I had so many questions, but I was too scared to ask for help!
I finally found my way to my gate (B18) and had enough time to use the free wi-fi and skype with JR for a bit and try to update this blog with photos.
Amsterdam to Berlin was an easy 1 hour flight. It was super nice because the flight wasn't even half way full so I got to sit by myself. (Thank God! That last guy I sat next to really grossed me out). The landing was super bumpy.
(To be continued... just wanted to post a little bit before I got too behind!)
Hey Madisyn, I was just in Amsterdam a few weeks ago. In the Netherlands, they all learn English so it is fine to talk English to any local and they understand and can speak English. The other European countries are probably different. If you have time in Amsterdam, my highlight was the Anne Frank House. If you are into art, there are lots of museums too (Van Gogh, Rembrandt, etc.). I purchased an IAmsterdam card that had most museums and public transportation included. Have fun and enjoy the experience! One thing I missed out on was trying a fresh Stroopwafel. I heard they make them at the Albert Cuyp Marketplace if you make it there.
ReplyDelete-Uncle Jerry